Sunday, August 31, 2008

Who Doesn't Love the 80's?



We attended a formal 80's party this Saturday and went all out.  We got all decked out thinking it was gonna go down like 1980 something and when we got there, the most that everyone had done was tease their hair a little except for the Morris' and Shannon.  They did pretty good with some hoop earrings and the side ponytail.  So yeah, Nick and I just went with it so it wasn't awkward and tried to remind people why the 80s were the best decade ever.  No high gas prices, no blatantly dirty music, and overwhelming neon for days.  It was a great time with ribs and tri-tip steaks, oh and some bomb salsa compliments of Shannon C.  Did someone say steak?  I was hoping for razzles and juju bees but what are you gonna do?  The Carr's were great hosts and it was especially enjoyable watching 'Better off Dead' to close out the night.  "You like Raisins."  Just a side note, Ross was the supplier of choice for this party, so if you ever need 80's gear, check it out.  I love the 80's, I mean, without it, us 2 cool peeps wouldn't be here and you all wouldn't have anyone to make fun of.  Am I right or am I right?  Or am I right?

7 comments:

craigandlissa said...

Fabulous work on the blog and the 80's pics are perfect!

melissa gargalis said...

You guys rocked the 80's garb for sure. Nicely done. Too bad everyone else was boring. What a fun idea. Way to work it!

MarkandBec said...

So classic! You guys look awesome!

aprilaleman said...

Man I wish we were there. Trust you me, we would have been skillz... if you know what I mean. :)

Robyn said...

Oh my gosh I am sooo sorry I missed that! You guys are hilarious! send me a quick email and I'll invite you to our blog.

robyncjordan@gmail.com

Lexi Rae said...

ReNee! So I love your blog! I promise I'm not a blog stalker :) but I saw your blog on someone's page and thought I would see how you are doing! Hope things are going good!

Vivian Campbell said...

hey we found you! you guys look like you do lots of fun stuff! COOL!