Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010












So for Valentine's Day we went to Sandy, UT. We got the invite from Doug and Marla who were planning a snowboarding trip to Brighton and the Canyons. We have been extremely disappointed with the Idaho snow so we packed up and met them down there. We stayed with my Mom in Sandy and met them up there Friday morning right when Brighton opened. It wasn't a bad drive at all and we stayed the whole day 9-4. It was the most perfect day ever and a great start to our Valentine's weekend. It started with it snowing for fresh snow and continued with the perfect parking spot right in front of the lodge, met up with friends, and started off in the smoothest powder ever. It was the best because there were so many runs and plenty of trees to board through. It was amazing, especially, with just Nick and I and me trying to dig myself out of the powder spots where I lost speed. It was so hilarious. I hit a couple jumps and Nick was just tearing up the mountain. He is already better then me in the 6 times he's gone vs. the 20 times I've gone and taking a class for a semester. Anyway, we hit up the freestyle parts with boxes and walls and stuff. It was more, so I could tape Nick cuz I'm not the trickster quite yet. He made it look so easy, so next time we go, I'll try a lot more. It was just so perfect ending it with the perfect meal at Taco Bell (my favorite). We hung out with my Mom and Tasha the next day until we met up with Josh and Krista that night for a most awkward experience at Olive Garden and a cozy movie in Josh's apartment. It was a lot of fun, mainly seeing how they are so alike. They were bumpin Miley Cyrus in the Accord and singing it outloud with the windows down. They are so meant for each other. We left on Sunday for home making a detour by way of Doug and Brie's house. We had an awesome dinner of steak and crab legs (no crab for us) which we each tried a smidgen. Played some wii then had 'better than sex cake' to top it off. Made it home about 9 then straight to bed thankful for the best Valentine's day we have ever had. Totally worth the 600 miles and wiplash I got. I heart you Nick!~

2 comments:

Molly Malia said...

and you didn't call me!... thats cool... xoxo nene

craigandlissa said...

Nice blogging, but makes me miss you even more! So glad you had a fun valentine's weekend and got to hang out with Josh & Krista and Marla & Doug. Good times. Can't wait to see you in June!!!