Friday, January 21, 2011

Skye is finally here
















January 13, 2011 was a great day. Not only because it was Josh's b-day, but because our first adorable baby girl arrived into out lives. She is now a week and a day old and growing so much. She started off tiny but small things come in big packages, at least she felt huge coming out, haha. So here is the story: Wednesday, Jan. 12, was filled with contractions and as they got worse into the night, we decided to go in when they were preventing me from sleeping. As we monitored them all night with Nick's ipod touch stopwatch for the initial 5 hours, they were all over the place, groups of 5 min. apart, 10 min apart, 3 min apart, but all bad. So we called the hospital and finally went about 3am. I was 3 1/2 cm dilated so they made me walk and hang out for 2 hours to see if anything would progress and it didn't so they said I would have to go home. There was no way I could have gone home but the nurse had to check with the Dr. before we left and I was like "yeah!, you do that." The Dr. said I could try the jecuzzi which only got me a 1/2 cm but it was enough. From there, it was bad with the 3 minute long contractions from you know where. I rated it a 10 and it was justified b/c once they gave me the epideral which didn't even hurt compared to the contractions. They broke my water mid contraction which was the last straw and then the epideral kicked in. As soon as it kicked in it happened in under an hour. Nick was encouraging me the whole time and watched the whole thing. About 45 minutes to be exact was all it took to see my little baby and hear her cry. Yes, I cried a little as a confirmation of our accomplishment. Things happened so fast from there, with nurses and Dr.s telling me all kinds of stuff and what I had to do every couple hours. It was a total of 42 hours we had been awake so we got some sleep when they took her to the nursery and they kept us in the hospital an extra day to watch her progress due to her being 2 1/2 weeks early. We are so blessed to have Skye in our life and she is a happy little "peanut" as they called her in the hospital. She is so precious and has an adorable little squeaky cry. It's great being a parent and Nick is so cute with her, talking to her alot and helping out whenever he can. Its fun to finally dress her in her clothes that are slightly too big with her little body but she is still the cutest little thing. I love here so much already.... Having a baby is truly the greatest gift we are given being on this earth. Thanks for all the well wishes and support from you all.
Love Nick, Renee, and Skye

5 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

What an awesome story! I am glad she is here and that you are loving it so far! :)

Congrats!

[BrookeO] said...

Could you be any cuter?!!

Heidi said...

CONGRATS!!

aprilaleman said...

so what time was she born? How big was she? What's her full name, etc, etc, etc?

nickandnae said...

April I had her at 1:48pm after being up for 42 hours straight. She was worth every sleep deprived moment though. Her name is Skye Huntington Rogers and she was 5 lbs 10oz 18 1/2 inches long. By the time we left the hospital though, she had dropped to 5 lbs so I have just been feeding a grip and for her 2 week appt today, she is back up to 5 lbs 14 oz. I'm way happy about that. How are you and your little cutie doing? I miss your fun self real hard. Hopefully we can visit sometime b/c it would be great to see you and wes and your little girl. I know they'll be friends right away. haha. Keep in touch till then,
Renee