Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Best Friends Wedding














This wedding was definitely not like the movie though. I wanted this wedding to happen with all my heart. My best friend, Misti, got married November 20th. I went down to Arizona a couple days early to prep her for the big day and scare her a little. heehee. I think I did my best to ease the tension. As Chubbs would put it, "just easin the tension baby." We hung out and I got to see their apartment. It was weird to see where the future magic would happen. What? Anyhoo, the day before the wedding Boyd's family put on a yummy dinner and program with traditional dances of their ancestors and its was so weird seeing Boyd yell and smack himself but Misti said she was used to it whatever that mean? His family was so nice and their Australian, New Zealand, and Hawaiian accents were so awesome. I got 2 hugs from his grandma, which I'm proud of for some reason. So Misti's whole family was there celebrating the union of 2 very different cultures that will mesh so well, I know it. She cried a little, but only because Dave got up and did the running man. j/k he gave a very heart-felt speech and my face almost leaked but I held it together. The wedding went so good and Misti looked beautiful. I got to lace up the back of her dress with Lani and the rest is history. She looked the most beautiful I had ever seen here even though her face screwed it up. Totally kidding (goonies shout out). She looked awesome and the sealing went good. I was nervous for her but Jake was making jokes the whole time so it was fine. I just want to say that I am glad I was able to go and now my best friend can make dirty jokes with me now that she's married. That's all I've been waiting for. ;) The reception was awesome especially the dancing and the chocolate balls that monte and shannon made. So tasty I saved some for later. I wished it would never end but I missed my eternal companion so I hurried home the day after even though I didn't call him all day Friday, sorry honey.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Lovin that you have a blog! Now I can cyber stalk you for reals! One of these days we'll meet back up. One of these days. Looks like you guys are rockin it in ID. And I love the big ginormous couch by the way. I'd sleep there every night.