Monday, December 7, 2009

Turkey Bowl 2009















This year was the biggest and most fun Turkey bowl in a long time. Wish Josh and Jonathan in town, I knew it would be fun but dang. Nick grew out his football stache in tribute to Craig coming up which was very nice of him I thought. They look so alike when the facial hair comes into play. Too funny... Craig didn't play but he kept Krista talking and they cheered us on and took some video which was way cool, especially b/c their little toes were freezing. It was a perfect day and the teams were pretty even for the 40 people that showed up. As soon as we got there, Elder Guerrero met Josh with a huge brotherly hug. He had a weird saggy beany on his head so when he came over to us, I thought to myself, "whose this tool?" Not that I use that word, but it just says it all. Once I realized it was Travis, I was like, ok it makes sense now. We started playing right away and I took on the QB role as you'll see in the blue sweatshirt and perfect form. It was going great until I jammed my thumb on some little kids hard-as-a-rock hip bone then I couldn't grip the ball at all. I took the defensive route the rest of the time and we all had a blast. I was guarding Nick once he came to our field and I stuck him good. I know all his moves, What? Football people... Anyway, it was so much fun and 2 1/2 hours later, it was over and time to clean up for a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner that Lissa and Rebecca owned. It was so good and it was so nice to have most of the family come to us before the snow came today (Dec 7). Definitely, a holiday worth mentioning in the journal. We missed you Melissa and Jamie. Next time for sure. Nick and I have a lot to be thankful for, thats for sure.

2 comments:

Rogers Family said...

Wish we could've been there! Looks like you guys had a fun time with all the friends & family connections. Renee, you got the Brett Favre goin on, nice work. You need to go try out for Minnesota to take his job when he retires...AGAIN! Hope you guys have a fun Christmas.

-Ben

nickandnae said...

Thanks ben. You are thee best. Wish we could hang out for christmas. Miss you guys a ton. Hope you get your wish.
Renee